Steps to going on a Missions Trip at Shelter Rock Church
1. Pray - Ask God if He wants you to go and serve Him on a
mission trip this summer.
2. Discuss - Share your desire to go on a mission trip with your
family and other important people in your life. Ask them for
their prayers and counsel.
3. Contact - Send an e-mail to the Contact for your trip to express
your interest in the trip and to discuss your possible
4. Apply - If the Contact agrees that the trip is a possibility for
you, go to our missions page and download the
Application for the trip you are interested in. Be sure to read
the information carefully to understand the significant
commitment you are making, not just for the trip, but also the
training schedule before the trip. If you feel you can commit to
the trip requirements, complete the Application and hand it in
along with your Non-Refundable Deposit.
5. Get Your Shots & Passport - If you’re going on an international
trip, these are a must. Don’t hesitate! These things can take
time. If you have a passport, be sure it does not expire within 6
months from the end of trip.
6. Raise Support - Write your support letter and send it to your
friends and family, inviting them to participate in your faith
7. Work Hard - Mission trips don’t just happen during the week
you’re gone. They take a lot of work, commitment, and sacrifice
in the months leading up to them. This will include team
meetings, training, fundraisers, etc.
8. Journal - As soon as you are accepted onto the team, begin
writing about your experiences — the team-building meetings,
how God is providing, your prayers, etc.
9. Go - You’ve prayed. You’ve taken a step of faith. You’ve
prepared. God has provided. Now it’s time to go!
10.Tell - When you return, be sure to tell others what God did
during your mission experience.
11.Thank - Be sure to say a special Thank You! to those who
supported you in prayer and financially. Send them a report of
your trip along with some pictures.