Why be on the café team?
First time guests often decide whether they’ll attend a second time within the first ten minutes of arriving. Long before a word is preached or a song is sung, guests have formed an opinion of our church. Café members help shape that first impression by offering guests a warm welcome, a hot cup of coffee, and tasty snacks in a clean, organized area.
Your role as a café attendant
- Set up and serve refreshments on Sunday morning.
- Monitor and restock food and drinks.
- Ensure that food areas remain clean & attractive throughout all services.
- Take time to talk to people and help them feel welcome.
- Monitor the amount of trash and replace bags, as needed.
- Clean up the cafe after the service.
- Place food, drink, or paper product orders, as needed.
- Inform team leader of any concerns.
- Serve every week or every other week for six months.
- Find your own replacement, when needed, via approved contact list.
- Start and end times vary per service and campus. More details forthcoming, but shifts generally require either arriving early or staying late.
- Review names of new people you previously met.
Next steps . . .
Assist a veteran team member one Sunday, as a trial run. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at least 2 Sundays per month, with a 1-month trial period. Attending quarterly team meetings
Notes . . .
You’ll make some new friends but, unfortunately, some people may not
appreciate all your hard work. Don’t take it personally. Continue to serve lovingly and cheerfully. Besides Café Attendants, the First Impression Team consists of Outside & Inside Greeters. Contact your lead pastor for more info.