Why serve with the follow-up team?
It can be difficult and overwhelming to enter a church community. It can also be easy to get lost in the crowd for regular attenders. The follow-up team overcomes those challenges by helping new people take their first steps at SRC and staying engaged with regular attenders.
Your role . . .
- Contact new person within two weeks from their initial visit.
- Write a card to person one month after their initial visit.
- Welcome person to sit with you at church and introduce them to others. (Or identify others they can sit with.)
- Contact person each month, following up on prayer requests or answering any questions they have.
- You may be asked to follow similar process with existing SRC attendees.
- Help person connect to community group or serve in a ministry.
- Look for and engage with family every week on Sunday.
- Stay connected to family for one year.
- Spend 1-2 hours (depending on number of families) every week on phone or email in follow-up.
- Pray, pray, pray.
- Remember birthdays , anniversaries, etc.
Next steps . . .
Attend 1-hour orientation. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at least 1 year in order to provide consistency for families you are serving. Attending quarterly team meetings.
Notes . . .
Respect a family’s privacy. They may not want the type of care you are offering. If a family ‘opts out,’ we will provide another family. Pray, pray, pray!!!