Why be a host?
Open House is the first formal opportunity for guests to learn about and experience our church’s mission statement.
It’s a one-hour meeting designed to:
- Welcome & connect new SRC attenders with regular SRC attenders
- Allow Pastors Gregg & Steve to cast vision and express the heart of SRC
- Provide an opportunity to sign-up for the next 3C Class. Your role as a host
Your role as a host
- Welcome and introduce those who attend to others who are new.
- Facilitate discussion before & after.
- Learn the names of 4-5 people, plus a few facts about each person.
- Encourage those you meet to register for the next 3C class.
- Write a note or call each person you met within 3 days to say ‘hello’ and to remind them to register for the next 3C class. [Stamped note cards are available upon request. One card is sufficient for a couple or a family.]
- Continue befriending the people you meet at Open House by reaching out to them at church events.
- Invite others to attend Open House and encourage them to register online.
- Be the first to arrive and help set up.
- Follow up those who attend.
Next steps . . .
Contact your campus pastor to let them know of your interest. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at a minimum of four Open Hose events. (Usually every month or ever other month) A host’s “tour of duty” lasts six months. New schedules come out 2x per year.
Notes . . .
Listen more than you talk. Ask lots of questions. Work hard to connect people you meet with others in the church. If you are aware of other valuable connections within the church body, be sure to introduce them at the appropriate time.