Why be a table leader?
Open House is the first formal opportunity for guests to learn about and experience our church’s mission statement.
It’s a one-hour meeting (held every other month) designed to:
- Welcome & connect new SRC attenders with regular SRC attenders
- Allow Pastor Steve to cast vision and express the heart of SRC
- Provide an opportunity to sign-up for the next 3C Class.
Your role as a table leader
- Welcome and introduce everyone at your table.
- Lead a table discussion during the meal.
- Learn everyone’s name at your table, plus a few facts about each person.
- Encourage table to register for the next 3C class.
- Write a note or call each person at your table within 3 days to say ‘hello’ and to remind them to register for the next 3C class. [Stamped note cards are available upon request. One card is sufficient for a couple or a family.]
- Continue befriending the people you meet at Open House, especially the ones at your table by reaching out to them at church events.
- Invite others to attend Open House and encourage them to register online.
- Be the first to arrive and help set up.
- Create a name tag for yourself and go to your assigned table.
Next steps . . .
You’ll start by assisting a veteran team member one Sunday, as a trial run. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at a minimum of four Open Hose events. A Table Leader’s “tour of duty” lasts six months. New schedules come out 2x per year. Contact your campus pastor (Jim@shelterrockchurch.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) to get more info.
Notes . . .
Listen more than you talk. Ask lots of questions. • Work hard to connect people at your table with one another. If you are aware of other valuable connections within the church body, be sure to introduce them at the appropriate time.