Why be a large group leader?
Studies have shown that the vast majority of people who make decisions for Christ do so before the age of 18. Our Large Group environment is designed to be a fun, safe place for Shelter Rock Students to invite their unchurched friends. As part of our team you help us make the environment fun and friendly and keep it safe. This is crucial as it is the gateway for students who are far from God to have an initial experience with God in our faith community.
Your role as a large group leader
- Greet students when they arrive.
- Mingle with students during free time and organized activities.
- Have individual conversations with students as well as small group dialogue.
- Help organize and run games.
- Provide supervision and ensure students are in the right place doing the right thing.
- Assist in clean up.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to gathering to help with setup, go over flow, and get in position to welcome students.
- Know the Student Ministries Purpose Statement.
- Learn students’ names.
- Know what ’s happening in Student Ministries by reading weekly leader update and respond to communications.
- Have a positive attitude and have an upbeat and friendly demeanor.
- Attend bi-monthly leader lunches.
- Attend annual leader retreat.
Next steps . . .
Visit a Large Group Gathering and shadow one of our existing Adult Youth Leaders. Review Adult Leader Application Packet and Submit Completed Application. Once accepted onto the team, you will be assigned a veteran Adult Youth Leader to apprentice with for 6 months.