Why be a Sunday morning teacher?
Who is God? Who am I? Why do I exist? These are questions every single person wrestles with. We believe the Bible holds answers to these questions. Students need to hear God’s Word communicated in a creative, challenging, and compelling way. If you love God, have a passion for the Bible, and have the gift of communicating, you should consider joining our teaching team.
Your role as a Sunday morning teacher
- Greet students when they arrive.
- Engage students imaginations by drawing them into God’s story and show them how their story connects with His.
- Give students handles - practical ways that they can apply and live out what they are learning.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to gathering to welcome students.
- Pray. Ask God to help you clearly communicate His heart and truth.
- Be prepared. Whether you are preparing your lesson from scratch or are provided with curriculum, take time during the week to go through the material.
- Know the Student Ministries Purpose Statement.
- Learn students’ names.
- Know what’s happening in Student Ministries by reading weekly leader update and respond to communications.
- Have a positive attitude and have an upbeat and friendly demeanor.
- Attend bi-monthly leader lunches.
- Attend annual leader retreat.
Next steps . . .
Visit a Sunday Morning Gathering to get a feel for the environment. Review Adult Leader Application Packet and Submit Completed Application. Meet with Student Ministries Pastor to discuss teaching.
A teaching sample or trial teaching may be required.