Why be a trip chaperone?
Our Student Ministries provides many fun fellowship and discipleship events throughout the year. We need qualified adults to supervise students to ensure the events are safe and fun. This is crucial as these events are often where unchurched and/or disconnected kids come to check things out. The quality of these experiences are deal-makers or deal-breakers of whether students will give God and our church a second look.
Your role as a trip chaperone
- Greet students when they arrive.
- Mingle with students; get to know them through conversations.
- Find out where leader needs you to help.
- Provide supervision and ensure students are in the right place doing the right thing.
- Ensure that students are following rules/ guidelines for health and safety.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to gathering to help with check-in process and to welcome students.
- Know the primary purpose of the event (Worship, Ministry, Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship).
- Learn students’ names.
- Have a positive attitude and have an upbeat and friendly demeanor.
Next steps . . .
Review Adult Leader Application Packet and Submit Completed Application. Contact Student Ministries about events you are interested in helping with.