Why be a Community Group Leader?
Community groups play an integral role in our church. Sustained life change happens best when we are growing in a relationship with Christ, and this occurs when we prioritize intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Community groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others,
grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community.
Your role as a Community Group Leader
- Community group leaders are responsible for providing their group with vision, direction, and support.
- Prepare to lead each week.
- Pastor your group members.
- Encourage others to participate and own elements of the group.
- Equip another member to lead by identifying a co-leader.
- Serve 3+ hours a week each trimester.
- Be growing in your personal relationship with Jesus.
- Have moral discernment and guardrails in your life.
- Have sufficient emotional capacity.
- Recognize biblical authority.
- Have community group experience (preferably).
- Engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church.
- We ask group leaders to lead at least 2 of the 3 trimesters.
Next steps . . .
Meet with and discuss your interest with your campus lead pastor. Fill out community group questionnaire. Get commitments from at least 4 other people to be part of your group. Identify a host home.
Notes . . .
We encourage you to get 3-5 people who will pray for you on a regular basis. The Community Group Leaders are led by lead pastors Jim, Jerry, and Gregg.