Why be a Community Group Host?
Community groups play an integral role in our church. Sustained life change happens best when we are growing in a relationship with Christ, and this occurs when we prioritize intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Community groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community.
Your role as a Community Group Host
- Provide a welcoming meeting space and light refreshments for a community group. (We encourage you to allow other group members to participate, too.)
- Be aware of allergies or special needs of group members.
- Prepare to host each week.
- Serve 3+ hours a week each trimester.
- Use your gift of hospitality to create a warm welcoming group environment.
- We ask hosts to open their homes at least 2 of the 3 trimesters.
Next steps . . .
Meet with and discuss your interest with your campus lead pastor. Fill out community group questionnaire. Notify your lead pastor of your interest.