Why serve as a Divorce Care Leader?
You can’t really come to know Christ until you have experienced brokenness at some point in your life and realize that you can’t save yourself – only God can. For many who experience divorce, brokenness is real and having someone to lead them through that period of life can bring them to a better place in life where they come to know Christ and see how God can use even the worst pain to grow our faith.
Your role as a Divorce Care Leader
- Get to know people, make them feel welcome and accepted each week.
- Preview the video before hand and help set up the video and facilitate conversation afterward, based on a great 13 week curriculum.
- Help plan some fellowship opportunities and time spent together outside of Divorce Care is also something that has been done in the past that has been helpful in building relationships and helping people truly recover.
- Prepare for each session by watching the video and looking over the questions prior to the meeting.
- Arrive 30 mins prior to the meeting to set up the room and prepare simple refreshments.
- Facilitate or assist with the discussion of the curriculum content each week for 13 weeks.
- Approx. 3 hour commitment once a week.
Next steps . . .
Contact the Lead Pastor at your campus and let him know of your interest.