Why serve on the office team?
Even after perusing the church website, many people find that they have questions regarding details of events or need assistance from a pastor or other staff member. The office staff always tries to answer the phones cheerfully and in full possession of answers but sometimes the work load makes that difficult. Office volunteers make it possible for simple tasks not requiring specialized skills to be done while freeing the staff to answer phones quickly and maximize their efficiency.
Your role with the office team
- Stuff envelopes, staple & fold paper, cut inserts, postcards, flyers using rotary paper cutter.
- Learn to use the postage meter (easy!).
- Arrange seat back pockets with offering envelopes, message notes, Connect cards and pens.
- Clean out old bulletins and communion cups from sanctuary seats.
- Learn to use the office phone system to answer calls, open the front door, and transfer calls to extensions or voicemails.
- Keep your ears open to learn answers to common questions.
- If you possess computer skills, learn to do data entry on SRC Connect database.
- Serve a couple of hours on the afternoon of your choice.
- Let office staff know your general availability for special mailings.
Next steps . . .
Choose a day you want to come in to the office and take a look around. Tell Julia and/or Michel (firstname.lastname@example.org) what office skills you possess and what types of tasks you would prefer to do. If this is a good fit for you, and meets a need in the office, arrange for a regular date that you would like to serve.