Why serve as FIT coordinator?
First time guests often decide whether they’ll attend a second time within the first seven minutes of arriving. Long before a word is preached or a song is sung, new people have formed an opinion of our church. FIT members help shape that first impression, by offering guests a giant welcome, helpful information, and a fond farewell from the street to their seat.
- Have an ongoing presence amongst FIT members.
- Attend a church service (or 1/2 of each).
- Identify someone else you can train. Help them understand the vision & values of this ministry.
- Be available to teal leads to support them, as needed
- SRC’s mission: lead as many people as possible into a joyful & growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Your role as FIT coordinator
- Support team leads in their ministry by…
–Interacting regularly to identify what teams are doing well and what they can do better.
–Encouraging and supporting them as they lead.
- Evaluate our ministry. Walk around in the shoes of a new person. Identify areas that can be improved.
- Discuss with lead pastor any concerns or suggested changes.
- Encourage team members verbally and in writing.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and with Julia Chu to order materials.
Sunday can be stressful. It is best to not suggest or implement changes on that day. Take lots of notes, brainstorm with others, imagine possibilities…but debrief with team leads (and Gregg) during the week. While you are interacting with people at church, encourage them to get involved in ministry.