Why be on the parking team?
First time guests often decide whether they’ll attend a second time within the first five minutes of arriving. Long before a word is preached or a song is sung, guests have formed an opinion of our church. FIT members help shape that first impression, by offering guests a giant welcome, helpful information, and a fond farewell from the street to their seat.
Your role on the parking team
- Help people identify legal places to park.
- Move or place cones/signs, as needed.
- Smile, wave, & welcome everyone who arrives.
- Remember, you’re not a bouncer. If guests want to park in different spots, allow them. (If it’s a regular attender, discuss with them at another time.)
- Remain in position for the first 15 minutes of service. • Assist with offering & communion, as needed.
- After service, look for & reintroduce yourself to those you met earlier.
(10 minute rule!)
- Return signs/cones to designated areas.
- Inform lead usher of any concerns.
- Serve every week or every other week for six months.
- Find your own replacement, when needed, via approved contact list.
- Arrive 30 before the service, so that your team can pray and be in position to serve 20 minutes before the service.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. • Review names of new people you previously met.
Next steps . . .
Assist a veteran team member one Sunday, as a trial run. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at least 2 Sundays per month, with a 1-month trial period. Attending quarterly team meetings.
Notes . . .
Smile, smile, smile! Don’t be critical, even if you could’ve parked a car better. :-) Besides Parking Attendants, the First Impression Team consists of Greeters, Ushers & Café Attendants.