Why be an SRC photographer?
Steps of faith are the foundation stones of our spiritual lives. Help people remember them forever by chronicling their event.
Your role as a photographer
- Attend each baptism (usually once a month) and upload pictures to designated website.
- Get “before” and “during” baptism pictures.
- Attend designated church events– usually once a month–and capture and upload photos.
- Contact baptism candidate (or family if a child) in advance to confirm meeting time and location for “before” pictures.
- Be respectful of others’ privacy concerns when photographing events.
- Get a replacement photographer if you are unable to attend an event.
- We encourage you to edit photos to the best of your ability, when possible.
Next steps . . .
You’ll start by assisting a veteran team member, as a trial run. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be added to the schedule. A photographer’s “tour of duty” lasts six months. New schedules come out 2x per year.
Notes . . .
Take lots of pictures! If you know of other photographers, videographers, editors, or other creatives, let us know. The photography team is part of the Worship team’s communications ministry. It is led by Pastor Ben.