Why sing with the worship team?
The creative arts provide momentum that moves people, prepares and softens hearts, and encourages all to say ‘yes’ to God. Use your gifts to change lives as we seek to help new people come back, inspire regular attenders to invite others, and help all take a next step toward developing a joyful and growing relationship with Jesus.
Your role as a vocalist
- Lead worship by example. Worship from the stage on Sunday and other SRC events as you lead others in worship.
- Stay engaged with God and your team throughout the week.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Keep your voice in good vocal shape.
- Learn to use our Aviom system.
- Support the worship leader and your teammates.
NOTE: There are multiple commitment levels with the worship team. Discuss with Ben or Stephanie, but the following is a good rule of thumb:
- Serve 2-8 hrs week when scheduled
- Attend Thursday evening team night.
- Arrive on time for Sunday rehearsal.
- Arrive prepared to sing well on Sunday mornings or designated event.
- Invest relationally with other team members.
Next steps . . .
Attend a Thursday team night to get an overview of the ministry. Meet with Ben or Stephanie to audition. If this is a good ministry fit, you’ll be asked to serve at least 2 Sundays per month, with a 1- month trial period, along with regularly attending team night.
Notes . . .
Remember to arrive before rehearsal time so you can be ready to go. Smile and have fun! The Worship Team is led by Ben Ward & Stephanie White.