Isolation is rampant in normal times. So how do we stay connected to God and one another during this season of the coronavirus? One of our great values as a church is community. Acts 2:42-47 describes how the believers distinguished themselves by their devotion to one another and to God. The church has thrived for centuries because they found creative ways to connect and grow through difficulties and persecution. Here are some ways you can connect with people in your small groups.
- Call to check up on friends, family and group members just to see how they are doing. Reach out especially those that are elderly or may need help with shopping, meals or errands.
- Meeting physically may or may not be possible but reach out and connect by phone, email and texting or other ways.
- For small groups you can use technology to connect “face to face”. The easiest and cheapest way we have found is through a service called Zoom. It is FREE and very easy to use and works across all platforms including phones, tablets and computers. If you are a small group leader or the tech person in your group follow some simple steps. Be sure to help the less technical folks in the group!
- Set up a Zoom account at https://zoom.us/signup
- After you sign up you can Schedule a Meeting and invite members of your small group to join the meeting. Follow this link on how to do this https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-Scheduling-meetings
- Experience SUNDAY Services together as a family and/or friends Live at 9:30 and 11:15! Buy bagels and cream cheese, make some coffee and STREAM the services on a computer, TV, phone or Tablet from...
- SRC website http://shelterrockchurch.com/live/
- Facebook Live https://www.facebook.com/shelterrkchurch/
- SRC APP. To download the app search “Shelter Rock Church” from your app store, OR Text “SRC” to 888-364-4483 OR go to https://subsplash.com/shelterrockchurch/app
- We will have discussion questions available for the sermon so you can apply the sermon with your small group or family and friends.
- Can’t make it in the morning? We will have the service available for viewing after by Sunday afternoon so you can experience it in the afternoon or evening.
What creative ideas can you share with us? I would love to hear them! Email me at
May God bring comfort and protection to you in this season.
Welcome to Shelter Rock Syosset!
Thank you for checking out the Syosset Campus location of Shelter Rock. We are excited that our facility now has a gym and meeting places for our community to grow together and have fun. Please be sure and meet me after the service so I can get to know you better and answer any questions you may have! - Pastor Jerry O'Sullivan
Service Times & Directions
If you are visiting our Syosset location, you will find lots of free parking right on the church grounds.
What to Expect
Live Biblical Teaching
Each campus has live teaching from the Bible that is practical, engaging and accessible if you coming to church for the first time or you have been at church all your life.
Listen to Previous Sermons
Services last about an hour and fifteen minutes and feature contemporary music with a full band that ranges from acoustic to pop to rock. No matter the style it is always heartfelt.
Great Kids and Youth Programs!
We have a nursery and full programs for toddlers thru 6th Grade. We also have classes for 7th-12th Grade at each campus. Check out our Student page for more info.
Kids Programs Students Programs