Shelter Rock Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
To lead as many people as possible into a joyful and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To reach Long Island with the Gospel of Christ through the continued development of multi-campus communities pursuing excellence in a culturally appropriate context and by working in close relationship with other life-giving churches and Christian organizations.
Our Core Values
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired and that it is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. We believe the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are God’s complete and sufficient revelation and therefore carry God’s authority for the total well-being of humanity.
We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of virgin birth, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension and visible return to the world according to His promise.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who comes forth from God to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all people by nature and by choice are sinners but that “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” We believe, therefore, that those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence and that those who refuse to accept Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from Him.
- We believe in the church – a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and of which all “born again” people are members. We believe that a visible church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized upon a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that to these visible churches were committed, for perpetual observance, the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and that God has laid upon these churches the task of persuading a lost world to accept Jesus Christ as Savior, and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master. We believe that all human betterment and social improvements are the inevitable by-products of such a Gospel.
- We believe that every human being has direct relations with God and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each local church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore Church and State must be kept separate, as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictates or patronage of the other.